Monday, March 24, 2008

Old letters from my highschool to my father

Just went through some old papers and found these letters. They're in Dutch and I suck at translation. Hope you'll enjoy them as much as I did.

Culemborg, 19 october 1984
Dear mr. Bulb sr.,
The school's skiing camp comittee, has recently had a meeting in which it has been decided to ask you urgently to retract your sons application for the skiing camp.
After a long and hard deliberation we have come to this painful conclusion.
The first and foremost goal of all our schoolcamps is:
Doing it together.
To be able to positively and actively make an effort to increase the atmosphere of the group. We are of the opinion , due to our experiences with previous camps that your son has taken part in, that your son does not have this attitude.
If so desired we will be happy to explain our descision to you verbally.
Regards,
Some asshole that wasn't passionate about teaching.
Here's another one. (I have no idea what this one is about.):
Culemborg, 31 may 1985
Dear mr. Bulb sr.,
When a student is not admitted in class anymore with teacher A. , due to disruptive behavior, it doesn't seem to be a reason to disbar him from any other class. In your letter you seem to do so where it concerns the 5th grade school excursion.
Because Bulb has been barred from participating in our skiing camp, sailing camp and the classes of mr. A., it follows that he is disbarred from participating in the 5th grade school excursion. (You even use the words "unwelcome" in your letter.)
Of course Bulb is a full and worthy student just like all our students and he is welcome to join any other extra-curricular activities. I do hope that the punishment we have meeted out in the past will not affect him in the future and we hope you will reconsider your opnion of our school.
Regards
Some other asshole that didn't get laid enough.
Was I really that bad??? I can hardly imagine. I'm a sweet guy.

7 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Sassy said...

You should have used the three smiles line on your idiot teachers. :p

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny...my parents never got letters from the school about me...what does that mean? :p

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Rain said...

You must have been a bad boy ;)

 
At 1:59 AM, Blogger @TheOtherRosie said...

Anyone who remember roxey rose from actors and actresses 1. I am still alive. I have a myspace theotherrosie. Hope you can find it. I still have my blogspots 2 and I actually have 4 of those. Anyway, enough about me, now about me.........I hope you're all doing well and I hope to hear you're all doing well. Best wishes to all of you. Rose (Roxey)

 
At 2:00 AM, Blogger @TheOtherRosie said...

Getting this thing to work was harder than giving birth to GOD

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger fineartist said...

I missed your birthday, damn it. I hate it when I do that. I hope 38 brings you everything you need and most of what you want too, heh.

xxoo

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Sassy said...

I miss you more than you will ever know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home